ILR Show Division Halter Committee Minutes - May 7, 2009
<< Back

ILR Show Division

June 16, 2009

Call to order at 7:04 p.m. CST

Present on the call: Justin Timm, Bill Safreed, Hank Kaufman, Kristy Brown, Ryan Laux and Darrell Anderson. Ryan L. was at work and unable to take minutes, so Kristy B. filled in.

1.       Congratulations to Bill Safreed as the new ILR Board member and he will move to the Performance Committee as the ILR member representative. The Halter Committee thanked Bill for all his work with the Halter Committee. The committee reviewed the list of ILR-SD (Show Division) volunteers and decided on Amy Serridge to replace Bill S. Justin T. will contact Amy Serridge regarding filling the opening.

2.       Classic Working Group CD – the halter committee reviewed the CD received from the Classic group and although they agreed it was well done and informative, we did not make any changes to the description we have in place for the classics. Justin T. will contact the Classic group with our comments.

3.       Mini proposal – No response as of yet from the Mini Subcommittee. Tabled.

4.       Photo examples of fleece descriptions – the committee reviewed and edited the photo page and Kristy B. will work with Allen Schott, ILR IT, to develop pages for each fleece type. 

5.       The Halter committee will contact the Rules committee regarding judges training and the 10% fleece consideration for halter classes.

6.       The committee discussed preparing a list of optional non-point, non-sanctioned classes for show management to reference, but will need to discuss the feasibility of this with the ShowManager development person regarding adding additional classes. Tabled.

Meeting adjourned at 8:05 CST

Respectfully submitted,

Kristy Brown, Committee Member filling in for Ryan Laux